Click on pictures for larger versions.
Three Things Today:
1. Power of the Holy Spirit 2. How: Growth 3. Why: Love
Acts 1:8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
Ephesians 5:18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.
John 14:23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching.
Hebrews 12:14 Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.
Strong's Concordance for "holiness"
Original Word: αγιασμός
Short Definition: sanctification, holiness
Long Definition: the process of making or becoming holy, set apart, sanctification, consecration.
Ephesians 5:18 Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. NIV
Modern Missionary Miracle "Bruchko" Bruce Olson - 19 years old
1. Today there are more than 50 Motilone-Bari Health Centers in the jungle, staffed with native doctors.
2. Motilones operate another 28 Medical Health Stations staffed by their own graduate nurses.
3. 45 bilingual Schools serve every age group.
4. More than 250 Motilone graduate-missionaries work in 22 different Latin American tongues.
5. Trained Motilone lawyers successfully represent the Tribes legal needs before Colombia’s National Courts.
6. Educated Motilone Business Administrators staff eight jungle Community Cooperatives.
7. The Motilone newspaper, AsocBari, reports from 18 different tribal fronts.
8. The Motilones made peace with the Yuko tribe, their centuries-old enemy, and evangelized them.
9. Some 18 other tribes have been converted and convinced that violence is wrong. Peace has come to these jungle people. How does that happen? All over the world in missions and evangelism we see it.
John 9:6-7 6 Having said this, he spit on the ground, made some mud with the saliva, and put it on the man's eyes. 7 "Go," he told him, "wash in the Pool of Siloam" (this word means Sent). So the man went and washed, and came home seeing. NIV
Luke 18:35-43 NIV
35 ..., a blind beggar was sitting by the roadside. ... 42 Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has healed you." 43 Immediately he received his sight ...
Luke 18:1 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up.
Luke 18:7-8 7 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8 I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly.
Luke 17:14 When he saw them, he said, "Go, show yourselves to the priests." And as they went, they were cleansed.
1 Corinthians 13:12 Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
Another message on the power of Holy Spirit, but this time by Ferdi. He told the story of "Bruchko", a 19 year old missionary, Bruce Olso, who went to an Amazon tribe and the huge effect it had on many tribes in that region. Some practical examples of the Holy Spirit's power were given and the motivating factor behind all this should always be your love for Jesus Christ. Johan lead the worship and we have 3 songs recorded.