PRAISE and WORSHIP There are seven different words in Hebrew – all translated "praise"
1. towdah – Thanks giving choir
2. barak – to kneel as an act of adoration
3. tehillah – song of thanks giving
4. halal – give thanks by being clamorously foolish
5. yadah – to give thanks with outstreched hand
6. zamar – to give thanks with a musical instrument
7. shabach – to give thanks in a loud voice with a sense of triumph Exodus 33:7 Now Moses used to take a tent and pitch it outside the camp some distance away, calling it the "tent of meeting." Anyone inquiring of the LORD would go to the tent of meeting outside the camp. NIV
Exodus 29:42 "For the generations to come this burnt offering is to be made regularly at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting before the LORD. There I will meet you and speak to you; NIV
Psalms 141:2 May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice. NIV
Hebrews 13:15 Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise--the fruit of lips that confess his name. NIV
Psalms 16:11 You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand. NIV
Exodus 33:11 The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent. NIV
1 Thessalonians 5:16-19 16 Be joyful always; 17 pray continually; 18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 19 Do not put out the Spirit's fire; NIV
Acts 2:25-28 25 David said about him: "'I saw the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. 26 Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will live in hope, 27 because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. 28 You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.' NIV
Debra lead the worship team this morning and we received quite a few encouraging messages during worship. Pastor Dwayne started with a series on Worship. He is building a puzzle picture - listen to see it! News is that the Coffee&Toast ministry is being replaced by a Soup Kitchen ministry for our community.